Rangiora High School Wifi access terms and conditions.
Students are required to accept the following terms and conditions daily to access the school's Wifi network:
- Students take full responsibility for their devices. The school is not responsible for the security of personal technology. Personal devices cannot be left at school before or after the school hours.
- Devices cannot be used during assessments, unless otherwise directed by a teacher.
- Students must immediately comply with teachers’ requests to shut down devices or close the screen. Devices must be in silent mode and put away when asked by teachers.
- Students are not permitted to transmit or post photographic images/videos of any person on campus on public and/or social networking sites.
- Personal devices must be charged prior to bringing them to school and run off their own batteries while at school. Charging will be available on a limited basis and is up to teacher discretion.
- To ensure appropriate network filters, students will only use the BYOD wireless connection in school and will not attempt to bypass the network restrictions by using 3G or 4G network.
- Students understand that bringing devices on premises or infecting the network with a Virus, Trojan, or program designed to damage, alter, destroy, or provide access to unauthorized data or information is in violation of the AUP policy and will result in disciplinary actions. The school has the right to collect and examine any device that is suspected of causing problems or is the source of an attack or virus infection.
- The School has the right to inspect files on any device bought on campus irrespective of if it has been the cause of a problem / attack / virus (This covers devices that may contain pornography / objectionable material obtained offsite and stored on the Student Owned Device)
- It is the owner’s responsibility for the repair of any malfunctioning / damaged devices. Rangiora School does not supply technical services for student owned devices.
- Students should not physically share their personal devices with other students, unless they have written parent permission to do so.
- All devices brought to school are the student’s responsibility and the insurance for the device is the responsibility of the student’s parents or caregivers.
- That the use of personal devices to support educational experience is not a necessity but a privilege. With respect of the rules, this privilege will benefit the learning environment as a whole. When rules are abused, privileges will be taken away.
- I understand and will abide by the above policy and guidelines. I further understand that any violation is unethical and may result in the loss of my technology privileges as well as other disciplinary action.