Rangiora High School is an innovative decile 9 co-ed school of 1,800 students, 30 minutes from Christchurch. Our vision is to create inclusive, equitable and relevant learning opportunities with clear pathways that meet the aspirations of our community, and empower every student towards life-long learning.
With a significant ILE building project opening, this is an exciting time to join our school as we redesign our school curriculum and infrastructure as a flexible, integrated model for 2017 and beyond.
Who are we looking for?
The role focus is to demonstrate and communicate our shared vision for Rangiora High School, with a capacity to focus on exciting long-term possibilities to deeply engage all students in learning.
Our new Principal:
- Are you focused, energetic and single-minded in your determination to create and achieve the vision and aspirations of our school?
- Are you an innovative, transformational leader who can think, plan and take ideas from conception to implementation?
- Can you enable the school to develop students as deeply engaged learners, achieving highly?
- Do you have student voice and choice firmly at the heart of your practice?
- Are you committed to team collaboration and positive school-community relationships, building strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders including contributing and neighbouring schools, prospective students, their whānau and the local community?
- Do you have the capacity to think laterally, to love innovation, enjoy calculated risk, find new ways of solving problems, and to see and present alternative ways forward?
- Do you have a strong moral compass and emotional intelligence, with a values driven approach to your decision-making?
How to Apply
To apply in strict confidence, email your cover letter, CV and the two consent forms (see below) to Andrea Bankier at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer via post to PO Box 13823, Christchurch 8141, quoting 183702RH.
Your application also needs to include four completed reference checks.
We ask you to forward the Referee’s Report form provided below to the following people:
- your employer (Chair of Board or Principal)
- a colleague / SLT member (person you work with)
- a staff member (person who reports to you)
- one other person of your choice.
Please ask your referee to email their completed form directly to Andrea Bankier at email@example.com by close of business on Monday 17 April 2017.
Applications close on Monday 17 April 2017. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
For more information call Andrea Bankier (at Sheffield) on 03 356 4365.
Documentation to complete for application
RHS Consent Form (.pdf Format; 337Kb)
Sheffield Consent Form (.pdf Format; 100Kb)
Referee's Report Form (.pdf Format; 565Kb)
Information on the recruitment process
Recruitment Timeline Principal RHS (.PDF Format; 193Kb)
Information on the role
Person Spec Principal RHS (.PDF Format; 184Kb)
Leadership Focus Principal RHS (.PDF Format; 454Kb)
Principal Portfolio Learning Opportunities RHS (.PDF Format; 498Kb)
Principal Portfolio Self Review Evaluation RHS (.PDF Format; 653Kb)
Community Voice Attributes of Our New Principal RHS (.PDF Format; 195Kb)
Staff Voice Attributes of Our New Principal RHS (.PDF Format; 189Kb)
Student Voice Attributes of Our New Principal RHS (.PDF Format; 206Kb)
Student Voice Maori Students Attributes of Our New Principal RHS (.PDF Format; 191Kb)
Information on our school
RHS Charter Strategic Plan 2017 (.pdf Format; 612Kb)
RHS Strategic Goals (.pdf Format; 30Kb)
Rakahuri Building Information:
Rakahuri Building Render (.pdf Format; 207Kb)
Rakahuri Building Layout (.pdf Format; 686Kb)
Rakahuri Building South West Elevation (.pdf Format; 10022Kb)
Rakahuri Building North East Elevation (.pdf Format; 9759Kb)
Puketeraki Community of Learning RHS (.PDF Format; 1148Kb)