Throughout its long history, Rangiora High School has produced students who have gone on to make a national and international contribution to:
- the military
- the civil service
- politics (including four NZ Cabinet Ministers)
- sport (including five All Blacks).
Rangiora High School is in the process of developing its extensive alumni network. For more details please contact Mrs Caroline Whittaker, our Business Development Manager, on +64 3 3118888 or email her by clicking here.
Notable former students of Rangiora High School include:
- All Black (1995-2000, including All Black Captain 1997-2000)
Dr Ian Blair, MBE
- Head of Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Lincoln College (1936 -1973)
Sir Malcolm Burns, CBE, KBE
- Agricultural Scientist, Principal of Lincoln College (later Lincoln University) and President of the Royal Society of New Zealand
- Under-Secretary of the Department of Justice, Controller-General of Prisons
Hon Rodney Hide
, QSO - former ACT Party leader, Cabinet Minister, MP for Epsom (1996-2011)
- Canterbury Rams basketball player and national U20 basketball representative
Professor Bob Kirk
- Emeritus Professor of Geography and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Canterbury (Christchurch)
- Nuk Korako - National Party List MP
- All Black (1963-1970, including Vice-captain 1967) and Vice-President of the New Zealand Rugby Union (elected April 2011)
Dr Arthur McIlrath
- Senior Scientific Officer, Physics and Engineering Laboratory, New Zealand DSIR
- Angie Petty (nee Smit) - Middle Distance Runner (represented NZ at 2014 Commonwealth Games)
- Professor Roger Reeves - Head of Physics and Astronomy Department, University of Canterbury (Christchurch)
- Henry Richards - First Rhodes Scholar in Canterbury (1914) [killed in The Great War, 1918]
- Professor Graeme Schofield, OBE - Dean of Medicine, Monash University (Melbourne)
- William Sheat - Horticulturist and Author
- Ian Sinclair - Test Cricketer (1956)
Rangiora High School wishes to acknowledge the work of Mr Ian (Ted) Piner (RHS: 1955-1957) whose research has allowed us to add to our list of notable former students.
If you are aware of other notable Rangiora High School alumni, please email us their details by clicking here.