Rangiora High School has a policy of inclusive education. The school established a Mainstream Support Unit in the early 1990s.
The Head of the Mainstream Support Unit and can be contacted by telephoning the school on +64 3 3118888.
The Head of Mainstream Support co-ordinates individualised programmes for ORRS, ACC and SLS funded students through Individual Education Plans. We aim for maximum achievement through the most inclusive approaches possible.
The unit’s programmes include:
- International ASDAN qualifications
- Inter Secondary School Special Olympics competitions and ribbon days
- Gym and swimming programmes
- Literacy and numeracy programmes
- Individualised therapy programmes including speech, physio, occupational and music
As we have a policy of inclusive education, where appropriate, the students are mainstreamed into classes supported by Learning Assistants.