Rangiora High School By-Election for One Board of Trustees Member
The Rangiora High School Board of Trustee’s wish to advise our parent/caregiver community that a by-election to elect one parent representative to the Board, (to fill a casual vacancy), will be undertaken through March and April this year.
This position will be until the mid-term election process in December 2020.
All parents/caregivers of current students at the School will be sent by post information on the process and nomination forms from Friday 13 March 2020.
Nominations will close on 8 April 2020 and we invite your interest.
A detailed timetable for the election process is as follows:
- Main roll closes on Monday 23 March and a supplementary roll opens.
- Supplementary roll closes on Monday 6 April
- Nominations are called from Thursday 12 March
- Nominations close at 12 noon Wednesday 8 April
- Voting papers are sent out by Monday 13 April
- Election day is 12 noon Wednesday 22 April*, and voting papers are due.
- Results are declared by Tuesday 28 April
- BOT member takes Office on Wednesday 29 April
* Voting papers postmarked prior to this will be received for 5 days afterwards and counted.
A guide to the role of a BOT member can be found here: NZSTA BOT Guide
A copy of the parent roll is available for inspection at the ground floor counter in the main administration block at the School.