RANGIORA High School 2019 BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECTION
An election for a new Board of Trustees for Rangiora High School will be held on Friday 7 June 2019.
The Rangiora HS Board of Trustees has decided to opt for staggered elections which means that of the total of five parent representatives, three will be appointed for a three-year term and two will be appointed for an 18-month term.
In addition to the five parent representatives there is also a staff representative, and a student representative. The Principal is automatically a member of the Board of Trustees, which gives a total of eight trustees.
The Board of Trustees plays a vital part in the governance of the school. Information on the role of a School Trustee, to inform parents who might be considering standing for the Board of Trustees, is available on the NZ School Trustees (NZSTA) website at https://www.trustee-election.co.nz/ . A link to their publication on the role of a community member on a Board of Trustees is here.NZSTA Guide
Also attached is a copy of the Board of Trustees meeting schedule for 2019 for the Board and its Committees to provide an indication of what the time commitment involved may be. Board meetings are normally held in the evenings.2019 Meeting Dates
The timeline for the 2019 election process is:
- Week of 29 April - advertisements will be placed in local newspapers.
- The main roll closes on 8 May, and the supplementary roll will close on 22 May. A copy of the roll will be available for inspection at the school office after 8 May.
- Friday 10 May – nominations open.
- Nominations close 24 May at12 noonwith the Returning Officer, together with candidate statements.
- By Wednesday 29 May voting papers sent out.
- Friday 7 June – voting closes at 12 noon.
- Thursday 13 June counting starts.
- Friday 14 June 2019 new Board takes office.
Note: Once nominations have closed the School will include all candidate names and profile statements on its website.
The Board of Trustees would encourage all parents to vote in the forthcoming election.
Any enquiries please contact the BOT Secretary Kevin Roche at email@example.com