Upholstery for Beginners
Next workshop September 22nd & 23rd 2013
Tutor Reg Bartlett 03 6898699 021455390
This course is designed for people who are creative and practical in their approach to home furnishings. For the beginner it is best to start with a small item such as a dining chair, small couch or stool and to use a plain fabric. When stripping furniture at home, keep all old padding, springs and covers.
*To understand the materials and tool required to upholster
* To ascertain a project's scope and requirements before commencement
* To develop the ability to choose fabrics which suit the style of furniture
* To implement health and safety procedures when upholstering
* Fabric for covering furniture
* Small screwdriver of tack lifter
* Sewing machine if necessary
* Tape measure
* Chalk or marking pen
* Available for purchase on the day: webbing, dacron, springs, hessian, calico plus some ends of fabric and fabric
During the course tea and coffee will be available, but please bring your own mug and your own lunch.